Friday 22 July 2016

"You're basically a cactus"

When discussing various blog posts that I could post, a friend of mine suggested that I should write about my struggles with dry and sensitive skin. My skin goes through phases and flares up due to the smallest irritation or slightly increased stress levels. What I have learnt is that everyone's skin is different and changes over time, what works for my skin now may not make a difference in a months time therefore, trial and error is the way forward. Struggling with dry, eczema prone skin all of my life I have come to find my 3 holy grail products that feature in my daily skincare routine.


1. The Body Shop, Aloe Soothing Gel - £9.50

This Body Shop gem has saved my skin. This product has multiple purposes it soothes, cools and moistures my face without causing any irritation. I use this gel before putting my make-up on as it soaks in fast and creates a great base for smoothing on foundation. When my skin is feeling dry, tight or tired I turn to this product for a pick me up. I am yet to find another product on the market quite like this one, I am now on my third bottle and will continue to repurchase! On top of a great product, I love the packaging and the ease of having a pump and not having to dip into a pot, it also makes it great to chuck in your bag for when your skin needs an extra boost throughout the day.

2. The Body Shop, Camomile Cleansing Balm - £13

I have tried so many cleansers that feel like they strip my skin of moisture or cause a reaction even when they state for 'sensitive skin'. I have found balm cleanser to be the most effective and moisturising option. This camomile balm completely melts away any make-up and impurities on the skin. It is easy to apply, softens in the warmth of your fingertips and does not tug. I remove the residue with lukewarm water and cotton pads or a flannel and it leaves my skin happy and not at all tight feeling like other cleaners. I would love to try more products from both the Aloe and Camomile Body Shop ranges.

3. Lush, Dream Cream - £12.95

Lush describe this product as 'A soothing and cooling cream that is designed to go on even the most sensitive and easily upset skins' and I couldn't agree more. This cream contains ingredients that calm and cool down hot itchy skin which is one of the biggest irritations of eczema. I tend to use this product on my body when my skin is going through a rough patch and requires an instant remedy. I would recommend using when you have a bit more time before getting dressed as it takes a while to soak in but it is completely worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment